A true oasis right next to the Portodemouros reservoir.
Next to the Portodemouros reservoir is Casa Farruco, one of our most popular houses. Large part of the charm of this magnificent stone house is its setting, a perfect spot for people looking to disconnect and discover Nature again.
Casa Farruco still has its original structure, with solid stone walls and open beams. The decoration, rustic but refined, brings a warm and inviting feel to each apartment, perfect to escape with friends or your partner.
The views of the Portodemouros reservoir are one of Casa Farruco’s main attraction. If you can muster up the energy to catch the free ferry, you can cross the reservoir and enjoy some amazing panoramic vistas of the area.
In recent years, active tourism in the area has been a major reason for people to stay in Casa Farruco. Its location is ideal for all sorts of outdoor activity. Don’t hesitate to ask us about sports and routes you can follow on foot, on your bike, running… while you are here.
Why do our customers choose us?
The Casa Farruco apartments
The house has been split into three apartments, for two, four and six people.
As in all Naturlar houses, the two-person apartment has been fully adapted for guests with reduced mobility.
Each apartment has a large, fully-equipped kitchen with fireplace, perfect for cold evenings. All apartments have heating to ensure your comfort.
The sting room in each apartment has a TV, there is an en suite in each bedroom. We offer a laundry service, wi-fi throughout. Pets are welcome at all Naturlar houses, so your pets can stay with you in the house.
In the garden there is a great barbecue area as well as free parking and masses of little hideaways where you can disconnect and rediscover Nature.
Very close to Casa Farruco is the village of Visantoña, where you can do your shopping in the supermarket or enjoy local dishes in the restaurant.
How do I get to Casa Farruco?
The easiest way is from Arzúa or Melide:
- Go to the Avenida de Lugo, the road that crosses the town. Near the Casa Teodora restaurant take the turning to Lema-Villantime-Santismo (DP-7901)
- Carry on on the DP-7901. You will pass a crossroads with a turning to the right towards Maroxo and to Teiraboa on the left. Carry straight on and you will pass a lunch restaurant O Refuxio. Then you will go through San Miguel and Villantime, then another crossroads (Villantime on the left and Montelongo on the right).
- Carry straight on on the DP-7901 and cross the bridge over the river Boente. You will enter Concello de Santiso, carry straight on. Pass a junction with Villantime on the left and Sardecoiro on the right. You will come to a second crossroads, turn right towards Pazo Vilar da Ferreiros (CP-4603).
- After a few minutes on this road, you will see a turning to Visantoña on the right and you will see the first signs for Naturlar Casa do Cura. Follow the signs for 10 minutes and you will reach your destination.
- If you arrive in Melide on the main road, you will come to a turning towards Visantoña-Ribadulla (CP 4603)
- Take the turning and carry straight on. On the left you will pass a turning to O Real – San Cosme and, a bit further on, a crossroads with Alvite – A Veiga – O Casal on the left and A Florida on the right. Carry straight on and you will reach A Costa and Quintela, passing a turning on the right to Ribeiro – Riazón – San Román.
- Carry on on the same road towards Pazo Vilar de Ferreiros.
- In a few minutes, on the right you will see a turning to Visantoña and there you will see signs for Naturlar – Casa Farruco. Follow the signs and you will reach your destination in 10 minutes.